Subject-verb agreement is a crucial aspect of grammar that every student must learn. This rule states that the subject and verb of a sentence must agree in number (singular or plural). If the subject is singular, the verb must be singular, and if the subject is plural, the verb must be plural. In this article, we will discuss some useful exercises on subject-verb agreement for class 10 students.
Exercise 1: Fill in the Blanks
1. The dog _______ (bark) all night.
2. She _______ (play) football every day.
3. The team _______ (win) the match yesterday.
4. The girls _______ (dance) to the music.
5. He _______ (read) a book every night.
Exercise 2: Choose the Correct Verb
1. The group of students _______ (is/are) going on a field trip tomorrow.
2. The new shoes _______ (fits/fit) perfectly.
3. The cupcakes _______ (tastes/taste) delicious.
Exercise 3: Identify the Error
1. The teacher and the principal are talking about the students’ performance.
2. The girl with the blue dress sings beautifully.
3. The group of friends is going to the beach.
1. No error
2. Error: sings should be sing
3. No error
Exercise 4: Rewrite the Sentences
1. The cat chases the mouse.
Rewritten: The cats chase the mice.
2. The girl sings in the choir.
Rewritten: The girls sing in the choir.
3. The bird flies high in the sky.
Rewritten: The birds fly high in the sky.
In conclusion, subject-verb agreement is a crucial rule that every student must learn to communicate effectively. These exercises on subject-verb agreement for class 10 students can help them practice and master this rule. By consistently practicing these exercises, students can improve their grammar skills and become better writers.
Poprzednie wersje artykułu:
Nie ma poprzednich wersji tego artykułu.